For 2012, each of my video podcasts from December 1st through the 24th will contain a secret 6-letter word related to Christmas, hidden in the credits. As the credits roll, follow the dots on the world map which will take to you six destinations. The first letter of each country or US state represents one letter in the six-letter mystery word for each episode, in order.
To enter the contest, here’s what you have to do:
- Watch ALL of my Advent Calendar podcasts as many times as necessary to decipher the clues. Hint: You might want to have a globe or other world reference handy to figure it out!
- Promo episodes posted in September, October, and November contain practice secret words for you to try.
- For each of my 24 podcasts, determine the secret word. Yes, there is a different word for each of the 24 podcasts.
- Make a list of all 24 six-letter words, and check it twice.
- Submit your list to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 25th (11:59pm EST on December 24th – that’s 9pm PST)
- Remember, you may only submit ONE e-mail entry per household! Sorry, family pets are not eligible to submit entries.
- The person (or family) with the most correct answers wins! There will be up to 24 correct answers possible.
- In the event of a tie, one winner will be selected via random drawing from among those with the most correct answers. The decision of the Advent Commission is final.
On Christmas Day I will announce the winner. There will be a box under my tree on Christmas morning with the number 25 on it. And just like the little gifts in my advent calendar, I will have no idea what the prize would be until Christmas Day. However, I do know that the total value of this year’s prize(s) is over $200! Woohoo!